NHSaves offers NHEEP’s NGSS Instructional Toolkit Workshops at no cost to teachers in most* NH schools. These full-day teacher PD workshops will help teachers bring energy efficiency and hands-on energy learning into their classroom. The workshops feature guided discovery, hands-on inquiry explorations, and deep dives into disciplinary science core ideas and best teaching practices to support the Next Generation Science Standards. Teachers will leave knowing how to use NGSS aligned materials and curricula, including NHEEP curriculum support kits, to support their specific grade-level needs. Grade range: K–12 teachers. Time commitment: 1 day.
* Towns excluded are Ashland, Littleton, New Hampton, Wolfeboro and Woodsville, since they are not in NHSaves territory.
NGSS Instructional Toolkit Workshops
Experience how high-leverage instructional practices benefit learners as you become acquainted with the equipment in a NHEEP materials kit to use in your classroom. Engage with anchoring phenomena and teaching routines that support student sense-making, and investigate a NHEEP instructional kit and curriculum that focuses on conservation and efficiency. You’ll leave knowing how to use NHEEP materials and curricula to support your specific grade-level needs.
- Wednesday, October 30, The Beech Hill School, Hopkinton, NH
- Monday, November 11, Pease Public Library, Plymouth, NH
- Friday, November 15, Antioch University New England, Keene, NH
- We can also schedule a training for your school or SAU for a specific date that works for you. Please be in touch: email@example.com.
- Time: 8:30 am–3:30 pm, with an hour for lunch.
- Professional Development: PD hours available.
- Cost: FREE for teachers in NHSaves territory, includes free rental of one of the following kits: Electricity & Climate Change, Home Heat Transfer, Home Heat Transfer Engineering Challenge, Model Electric Grid, and Conservation Kids