These workshops will take a deep dive into the high leverage practices of the Next Generation Science Standards. Participants will engage with a climate and energy focused anchoring phenomenon and teaching routines to experience the shift from "learning about," to a more student-driven "figuring out." We will collaborate, conduct investigations, share resources and reflect on how to promote student voice, sense-making, and engagement within your curriculum. Guided discovery and activities will allow for the integration or adaptation of hands-on energy learning into your work with students. The Vermont workshops follow a transportation storyline and New Hampshire workshops focus on electricity.
- Credit: 7.5 PD hours for virtual workshops, 6 PD hours for in-person workshops.
- Cost: No charge to Vermont and New Hampshire teachers*
- Questions: Laura MacLachlan, email@example.com (VT); Aubrey Nelson, firstname.lastname@example.org (NH)
- Registration closes one week before the start date. We reserve the right to cancel due to low enrollment.
Upcoming 2022 Workshop Options
Vermont - virtual
- Wednesdays, Jan 5, 19, and 26, 3:30-6pm
New hampshire - virtual
- Thursdays, Jan 13, 20, and 27, 4-6:30pm
New hampshire - In Person
- Saturday April 9, Seacoast Science Center, Rye, NH, 9am-4pm
Note: The virtual sessions are not stand alone, as we build on material from each going forward. Please plan to attend all three sessions.
*Offered free for NH and VT teachers only. Teachers from other states may take the workshop for $175.
The workshops are offered at no cost to New Hampshire teachers thanks to NHSaves and no cost to Vermont teachers thanks to Efficiency Vermont and our other generous funders.
Register for NGSS Instructional Toolkit Workshop